Jack Draper has been missing from the ATP Tour for some time after choosing to withdraw from two Masters 1000 tournaments.
After being shocked in the Wimbledon second round by Marin Cilic, Draper revealed he had suffered an injury to his left arm and needed to take some time to recover.
Draper has missed both the Canadian Open and Cincinnati Open during his recovery period.
The British number one will be hoping to go two steps further at the US Open this year, after reaching the semi-finals in 2024.

On Tuesday, Draper revealed how his recovery is going, while also sharing the advice doctors offered him when his arm injury was discovered.
Jack Draper says doctors advised him to ‘take some time out’
Speaking to the Lawn Tennis Association, Draper described what doctors told him upon the discovery of his left arm injury.
Draper said: “I found out I had an injury in my arm, which I had been playing with for a little while.
“The doctors and my team advised me that I’d need to take some time out. I had a few days off, so I chilled and took my mind off tennis.
“Then I was really motivated to come back and do a really good fitness block and work myself hard physically to make some good gains.

“I got back to my tennis slowly to protect my arm, but it’s been a really productive few weeks now. It was disappointing to miss Toronto and Cincinnati, but I think it’s been a good period for me to reflect on things and improve.
“I’m really looking forward to going out to the US Open, and I’m in a great place personally and tennis-wise. I feel refreshed, motivated, and I can’t wait to get back out there.”
What did Jack Draper say when withdrawing from Canada and Cincinnati?
On July 20, Jack Draper announced his withdrawal from the Canadian Open and Cincinnati Open.
The 23-year-old explained a pressing need to let his injury fully recover, which is completely understandable given the intense nature of the sport and the unforgiving schedule.
On X [Twitter], Draper said: “After Wimbledon I picked up an injury in my left arm, nothing serious, but I have to make sure it recovers fully for the rest of the season.
After Wimbledon I picked up an injury in my left arm, nothing serious, but I have to make sure it recovers fully for the rest of the season. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to compete in Toronto and Cincinnati…. See you in NYC !
— jack draper (@jackdraper0) July 20, 2025
“Unfortunately, I won’t be able to compete in Toronto and Cincinnati…. See you in NYC!”
Draper is set to compete in the US Open Mixed Doubles competition, which starts on August 19. Draper is paired with former WTA world number two Paula Badosa.