
Chris Sutton is âamazedâ Mohamed Salah has not been offered a new contract by Liverpool as the pundit claims âeverybody feels the same wayâ about his prospective move to Saudi Arabia.
Salah has started the season with a bang, grabbing three goals and three assists in his opening three games under new manager Arne Slot.
Liverpool feared the Egyptian may be on his way to Saudi Arabia this summer with huge contract offers available to the star forward, but Salah remains at Anfield with one year left on his current deal.
Despite the possibility of losing him on a free transfer next summer, Salah revealed after the 3-0 win over Manchester United on Sunday that there have not yet been talks with the club over a new deal.
âNobody in the club talked to me yet about contracts so I was just like, âOK, I play my last season and see at the end of the seasonâ,â he told Sky Sports.
Sutton canât get his head around that, insisting that the Reds will surely negotiate with the 32-year-old is he maintains his brilliant form.
He told CasinoApps.com: âIf the comments that Mo Salah made about not being offered a new Liverpool contract are true, I would find that pretty amazing. Given what he has done at the club, I would find it hard to believe that Liverpool havenât offered him a new deal or at least had a conversation about it.
âI donât understand that. Of course, heâs not the only key player in the last year of their Liverpool contract. Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold are in the same position. Perhaps because Salah and van Dijk are the wrong side of thirty, Liverpool want to be cautious about offering them long terms, because they are not the kind of club that hand out long contracts.
MORE LIVERPOOL COVERAGE ON F365
đ Ranking ÂŖ338.6m worth of new signings on how excited we are for their debut: Man Utd 2) and 6)
đ Liverpool and Man City dominate Premier League XI of the season so far
âI am surprised that Salah is in this position. Salah has come back, he looks super hungry, super fit, and he offers Liverpool great quality. It will be interesting how this one with him pans out. Players and clubs can change their mind. I would be staggered if he carries on this level of form and there isnât some sort of offer from Liverpool. Iâm sure there will be.
âI think that everybody feels the same way. We donât want to see Mo Salah going to Saudi. Not yet anyway. Not when heâs got so much to offer.â
A report earlier this week claimed the comments made by Salah after Liverpoolâs 3-0 win were part of a âcarefully constructed strategyâ.
âItâs believed that, privately, the forward wants to stay at Anfield beyond next June as he hopes to smash club and Premier League records and be remembered as one of Liverpoolâs greatest ever player.
âHowever, the Egypt international will not want to accept a pay cut or less valuable contract as he enters his mid-30s.â







